Tuesday, October 6, 2015

My Favorite Doll

I was asked what was my favorite doll that I have made so far......
Well for me that was easy, It's my version of  Dracula the Vampire.  I love Halloween and everything
that goes with it.  But, Dracula has a very special place in my heart I fell in love many years ago with my very own Vampire (just kidding he's not) but he is Ukrainian  and his family is from the Carpathian Mountains bordering Romania.  And as we all know that's where Transylvania is ... lol.
                                                
 
My Vampire tag is made using Julie Nutting's Adam Stamp and the Business Casual Stamp along with a piece of black burlap paper I purchased from Joann's awhile ago. Using Versa Magic Cloud White Ink I stamped the suit on the burlap, fussy cut it out and used the scraps to stamp the lapels and pocket flaps a second time, fussy cut them out and glued them on to the suit to give it some depth. I stamped Adam on flesh colored print paper from Julie Nutting and fussy cut him out.  I then stamped in black  the top part of the clothes so I would have the shirt image, cut that out and attached it to the flesh colored Adam. Using markers I colored his tie red and his hair black.  Then glued his suit on.
For the cape I glue some burgundy satin BoBunny Ribbon onto black cardstock and hand cut the cape.  The tags background is from Recollections Midnight Magic collection it was the perfect paper with the moon and the stars.  I played with the placement of the paper until it was just right before gluing it down.  I cut a fence from a scrap piece of gray cardstock with the Martha Stewart Halloween punch that I've had for awhile and glue that on.  There's a small haunted house behind the fence and a black cat sitting on the tombstone that I've had in my stash.  The tombstone's are Jolee Stickers. Used foam dots to attach my vampire  and tombstones and he was done.  I had fun creating this one, its going to be difficult to give away.

No comments:

Post a Comment