Friday, July 4, 2014

Graphic 45 By The Sea Project

I am working on a book using G45's By The Sea Papers and would like
   to share one of the pages with you..
Reason for this is because I was inspired by Tim Holtz's July 2014 Tag 
and the sand technique he used.




On this page I decided to add a picture frame so I used some
scrap picture framing  board from another project, and pieced a 4" x 6" frame together. 
I then took Wendy Vecchi  Molding Paste and a stencil that had random sized circles 
applied the molding paste so it would look like bubbles on the frame. 
Once it was dry I then used Rangers Archival Aquamarine Ink pad and rubbed it
lightly over the entire frame.
Then it was time to try this technique Tim Holtz used to make sand on his July 2014 Tag.
The picture below is from Tim's Blog it shows the products used to make the sand.
On the blog Tim will tell you he has no exact measurements to make the sand 
just sort of experiment with the product until it looks right to you.




Actually it was quite easy to make I started with a little Melt Art added small amounts of the
 Distress Glitters and Embossing Powder then added the Glossy Accents mixing until I had the consistency I wanted.  What is nice about this sand mixture is if it starts to harden while
you are working with it just add more Glossy Accent and mix. 
  (See Tim's blog  www.rangerink.com  for more detailed information.)

Once I had the sand made I then applied it to the bottom of the frame. Before the sand
dried I pressed the sea shells in the sand where I wanted them and used a little
more Glossy Accents to adhere them securely.
I then fussy cut the Mermaid from one of the G45 papers and used
 Tim's Distress Markers and some Viva Metallic Paints
 along with Silks for the body of the mermaid.






No comments:

Post a Comment