Thursday, July 24, 2014

Curiosity shop


Graphic 45 Papers are probably my very favorite paper Line.
When ever I decide to do a project I can count on G45 to inspire me.
This album I did for myself, I am planning on putting some vintage photos
in it,  just haven't found the right ones yet.
This particular line from G45 is the Old Curiosity Shop I love it because it's a bit
steampunk and whimsy mixed together but just the right amount.
.
The basics of the book are made with Bazzill Black Medium Weight Chipboard,
 I used 4 sheets cut to 6" x 12" this gives me 8 pages.
 I then cut 7 of the 6" x 12" pages in half again so I will now have 14  6" x 6" pages.
You will be working  with 1 6" x'12" and 14 6" x 6" pages.
You also need 1 4" x 6" piece of chipboard for the spine. And 4 sheets of black cardstock.
I used the according fold binding on both the right and left side of the book. 
 
Once I have the binding finished on my book I can then start to work on the pages.
I choose to do both the right side and left side of the base papers alike coordinating the
embellishments from page to page.
 


As the book opens you will have 4 6"x6" pages to cover and embellish,
2 on the right 2 on the left.
 I did the outer right and left pages with the same papers, and coordinated different papers
for the right and left inner pages.











I used lace, flowers and all kinds of miscellaneous trinkets I had in my stash to embellish the pages as I went along.
 This is my very favorite page in the book it is the back page the 6" x 12" page.  I had the small

wooden box in the center from some wooden embellishments that came in it. (I think they were  from Prima). There are lots of trinkets, charms and laces in the shadowbox some are from Tim Holtz, some are Refelections and Prima.  Most of the flowers I think are Prima's flowers.

Charms hanging on both spine sides.






close up of cover
close up of shadow box on inside back cover
I am so pleased with the way this album has turned out, so far I think it's my favorite.
If you have any question about how I put this together please send me a message.
Thank you and I hope you enjoyed viewing it.

.











No comments:

Post a Comment