Thursday, June 5, 2014

Victoria's friends present


My niece Victoria asked me to make a gift for one of her friends birthdays, she requested a photo album like the ones I made for her awhile ago, 
So this is what I made...

Front

 I started out with a wooden purse  purchased at Michael's, and a 8x8 
Graphic 45 Botanical Tea Paper Collection Pad
 I traced a template to
create a pattern for the front and back of the purse.


Back
 At this point I then photo copied  the inside of the open purse to get the exact size,
 you also need to reduce the size by at least a 1/2" to fit nicely inside the purse.
, Once I have this I can then cut 18 pages from the papers I am using.
coordinating the inside pages (16) along with the front and back cover. (totaling 18 pages) 
Using what is call a gate fold binding,
directions and or videos can be found on You Tube to do this binding.
Note: (scoring measurements I used  2", 1/4",. 1/2", 1/2", 1/4", 2" -  
 binding is 3" wide to fit top of album leaving 1/2" on each side free)
I assemble my album by gluing 2 pages together on each gate fold, keeping patterns in mind
so that they coordinate.  (9 pages including front and back covers)
When you have the album all glued together it's time to embellish.

Completed Album and Wooden Purse
             With the album complete, I now I remove the  hinges off the top and bottom of the purse
                                                so I can paint it. Let it dry and put the them back on. 
                              Be sure to put the hinges and screws in a safe place they are small  and can get lost easily.
            Once the paint is dry, I then cut the paper for the front and back covers of the wooden purse
                                                        glue papers down, and embellish.  

 photos of some the finished pages







I used Prima flowers, Stampin Up Ribbons and hand died Ribbons
along, and Kaiser Craft chip board pieces along with other pieces
  embellishments in my stash. 






I used Graphic 45 Botanical Tea Paper Collection 8'x8'






This is the album inside the purse.


Thank you for taking the time to read this post, please contact me if you have any questions on how
to make it...It is really very easy   (approx. 3 to 4  hour  project)















1 comment: