One of the ladies from my In My Vintage Room Group
gave each of the members a set
Of white angel wings and requested that we alter them in any way we choose.
|My Angel Wings.|
|the wings I started with|
I pulled out some stuff from my stash black feathers, a paper doll I made from Julie Nutting Mixed Media Stamps by Prima, Dyan Reavelys Dylusions Black Spray and some scraps of paper, some laces, brads and bling.
I have to admit my finished project was not what I originally had in mind...actually far from it. I sprayed the wings black wasn't sure this was going to work but it did. I then went back and found my G45 Steampunk Spells Papers (this is one of my very favorite papers) and choose a few different papers.
|I like the way they took the spray|
As you will notice I did not end up using the original paper doll I made, I ended up stamping another of the dolls image several times, fussy cutting her dress and hair from one of the sheets of paper. I layer black lace over the dress and again fussy cut the dress from the lace and added a piece of black trim at the waist, glued it all down to the main doll. Once I had the doll finished I then cut and layered 4 different patterned sheets of Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells papers leaving a border around each layer placing chipboard between each layer for depth. I then added lace for more texture. Next I took the wings I sprayed black cut them in half and reversed them so the longer feathers were closer to the dolls body, I layered the black feathers on top and glued them both down. Not quite happy with the look I pulled out some butterfly's I had and glued one to the back of the doll giving her a set of wings more dimensional . I then glued her down on top of the feathers. I used some of the embellishments I had from the Steampunk Spells line, fussy cutting both the Hot Air Balloon and the flowers from the cover of the paper pad and glued them down. I used Black Smooch on her headband and she was finished.
|I plan on framing her and hanging her up in my studio.|