Wednesday, April 11, 2012

April LFB Swaps

Recently I participated in a swap with my art group In My Vintage Room the theme was YOUR FAVORITE POEM  it took me awhile to figure out what poem I wanted to use, but I finally decided on a poem I learned when I was in grammar school.  At that time, I think I just loved reciting the tongue tying words.  Although I can't recite the poem from memory I do remember bits and pieces of it, and I have to say it still is my favorite.  Jabberwocky by: Lewis Carroll


the back


Jabberwocky by Lewis Carroll
Twas brillig, and the slithy toves  Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,   And the mome raths outgrabe.
"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!  The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun  The frumious Bandersnatch!"
He took his vorpal sword in hand:  Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,  And stood awhile in thought.
And, as in uffish thought he stood,  The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,  And burbled as it came!
One, two! One, two! And through and through 
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head  He went galumphing back.
"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?  Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'  He chortled in his joy.
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves  Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,  And the mome raths outgrab
 


Thank you Ginger for Hosting this swap, I really enjoyed creating this LFB. 

No comments:

Post a Comment