Sunday, September 14, 2014

Graphic 45 By the Sea Paper Collection

I was asked to make a book using Graphic 45 By The Sea Paper Collection,
Having made my book,  I was then asked if  I would teach a class on how I made it.

To make the base of the book I used 8 pieces of  8" x 8"  Bazzell Black Medium Weight Chipboard, 3 pieces of black card stock cut to 8" x 12" and 1 roll of 1/2" scor-tape. I cut one of the 8" x 8" chipboard pieces to 3" x 8".  The spine of the book is made with the accordion fold method, using the 3" x 8" chipboard piece and 1 piece of the 8" x 12" card stock scored every 1/2".  To give the cover a unique look I cut the first 3 chipboard pages  to graduated widths each  1" shorter, the front cover being the shortest. I then finished building the book with the rest of the chipboard and card stock.
Once the base of the book was finished I used the 12" x 12"  G45 papers and covered the pages. I embellished the book using the 8" x 8" papers fussy cutting different parts of the papers and layering to give it a dimensional feeling.  I also embellished with shells, charms, cording, netting and what ever else I could find that went along with the theme of the book.  I also used Tim Holt's recipe for faux sand in the book. 
  








I used Rangers Inkessentials Glue and Seal on the front cover and all the embellishments in the book to protect them.  This gives it a coating so your paper embellishments won't rip when flipping through you book.

I hope you have enjoyed viewing this post, if you have any questions, please contact me for further information.
 

2 comments: