Thursday, May 30, 2013

Ribbon Lady

Recently I hosted a swap with my In My Vintage Room and Beyond group. 
 The theme for the swap was to make a Ribbon Lady. 
Here is my lady.....



 
I have to say I am really pleased with the way she came out.
I used my Character Construction Stamps "Time Keepers Garden"
colored her with my Copic markers, trimed her with hand dyed seam binding
(dyed with Tim Holtz Destressed Stains) used Prima flowers on her hat and,
is holding a metal birdcage not sure where I got it, but the bling
was from Michaels (dollar bins), and again I am not sure of who makes
the wooden birds (on the cage her waist and hat).

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the custom-dyed ribbon and the cage and birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doris, what a beautiful piece of art....you did a fantastic job on this project. I feel bad that I was unable to participate....maybe next time????!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking again, I see that the hat is made of 3 flowers! How inventive! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete