Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Purple Lion Tag Swap

recently participated in a tag swap where we were to create two tags that could be used on a layout, card or in a book.


My 1st tag is a Vintage style tag using 2 different patterns from Graphic 45's A Ladies Diary papers. I choose two sheets using the same image, I cut one to the size I wanted for the background and the second sheet I fussy cut the ladies image and used pop-dots to raise her up for a 3-D effect on the first. I used the 2nd patterned paper to make my tag layering it on thin cardboard. I then glued my image down, along with some black lace I had in my stash and left over pieces of some bling and flowers from other projects. I then added some ribbons to the top and my first tag was done.
 
My second tag I use a Julie Nutting tag, embossed it with a Sizzix Folder, and highlighted the embossed leaves with green ink. I then glued a variety of flowers and silk leaves on it.  I think most of the flowers I used were from Michaels dollar bins.  The birdcage, butterfly and friends pieces are chipboard that I purchased awhile ago not sure who made them. Added some hand dyed ribbon to the top to finish my tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment