Saturday, March 31, 2012

Captured Fairy

 I am so excited to share today's project with you.  I took a class called CAPTURED FAERIES at Captured Moments Scrapbooking Store in Rotterdam, NY where one of the owners Tara Burtt created these fantasy scape's that are just awesome....I was so amazed at how we all started with the pretty much the same materials and not one was alike even if the same color materials were used.


 This is the porcelain doll you start with.  Tara did all her prep work..pouring the slip (liquid clay) 3 kiln firings  (12 hrs for each firing) and the painting which is done in several stages. 
 I glued her together to start the process.



                              This is the materials I choose to work with for dressing my fairy

Dressing the fairy was a process of cutting the flowers petals apart and glueing to her body to form her clothes. She has transparent wings ad mohair hair which is all glued on.
Next once you are happy with her you start to build her landscapeing for her jar.




I have to say again this was really a awesome project not hard at all to do, thanks to all Tara's prep work.  I definitely will be making more of these.

If you would like to see more of the Captured Faries made in today's class click on the link below

also

Tara at Captured Moments has posted the fairies on their blog...link below...

4 comments:

  1. This came out beautiful Doris. I hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annette, I think all of us that took the class really enjoyed it.

      Delete
  2. Doris, this is wonderful. I have always loved these. Wish I had taken the class. Wasn't paying attention I guess or I would have signed up. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Doris they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete